Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 2720
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have successfully connected the printer to the network and my laptop using HP smart, but cannot connect use WiFi Direct from my Android Phone and Tablet as they cannot find the printer. The WiFi light is solid on the printer, and the Wi Fi Direct icon is on.

If I try to use HP Smart from my phone or tablet to connect via the network, they also cannot find the printer unless I put the printer into setup mode (WiFi light flashing) in which case it loses connect with my Laptop!

I have run a diagnostic on the printer and it says that WiFi direct is locked by the administrator (whoever that is).

Any help very much appreciated 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Huntley1

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are unable to use Wifi direct feature from your phone.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

As you have mentioned that the printer is connected to your wireless network and you are able to print wirelessly from the PC. I recommend you connect your phone and the tablet to the same network and use the HP Smart app on the mobile devices and check whether you can print.

NOTE: The printer supports only 2.4GHz band so you need to make sure that the printer and the mobile devices are on the same network.

In case if you wish to use the Wifi direct then follow the steps in the below article.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-deskjet-2700-all-in-one-printer-series/29378157/model/293781...

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.