Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HPEnvy 4500 series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I thought a printer reset would solve my problem but it just changed to a different problem.

My HP Envy 4500 printer first started printing blank white pages despite cartridges being over half full. Then after a printer reset (removing power supply as HP YouTube guide) the printer printed a completely BLACK page. I then used Print and Scan doctor, cleaned ink jets, realigned printer and printed again. The tray contained a black page with horizontal shaded stripes. a perfectly printed alignment page and a white page with a narrow black horizontal at one end. I don't know what else to do.

Later.
Another print  and I'm back at square one. A blank white page followed by more blank pages despite only one page printed. I tried another printer reset followed by a print job. The result is another blank page.

I haven't made any changes to my computer recently. The printer is connected wirelessly to my laptop which is always on standby.  Should I uninstall and reinstall the printer.

I use Chrome and  Firefox browsers and the result is the same whichever I use..

The  printer cartridge is recognised as a genuine HP ink cartridge.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @PeeD,

I'd like to help!

Follow the below version of the HP Print and Scan Doctor Utility by selecting your printer:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/patches/HPPSdr.exe

Be sure to restart your PC and allow the utility to complete the process, then check for any difference. If the issue persists, proceed to the next step.

Install the printer using the TCP/IP port:

1. On the PC, go to Control panel > Devices and printers > Add a printer(at the top) 
  2. Under 'Choose a device or printer', click on 'The printer I want isn't listed'.
  3. Select 'Add a printer using a TCP/IP address'
  4. Find the IP address of the printer by tapping on the wireless/ethernet icon on the printer screen
  5. Type in the 'IP address in Hostname or IP address' box, click next
  6. Proceed to the next steps by following the on-screen instructions.
  7. Try printing in grayscale/ black and white.

If the issue persists, Install the printer using Windows built-in driver

Refer to this document to know-how. Try printing.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-envy-4500-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5304875/document/c0376...

Removal of the black cartridge and resting it overnight seems to have solved the problem with blank pages.

For some reason I can't set the print to greyscale or black print. The option in print settings does not exist.

HP Recommended

Hi @PeeD,

I'd like to help!

Follow the below version of the HP Print and Scan Doctor Utility by selecting your printer:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/patches/HPPSdr.exe

Be sure to restart your PC and allow the utility to complete the process, then check for any difference. If the issue persists, proceed to the next step.

Install the printer using the TCP/IP port:

1. On the PC, go to Control panel > Devices and printers > Add a printer(at the top) 
  2. Under 'Choose a device or printer', click on 'The printer I want isn't listed'.
  3. Select 'Add a printer using a TCP/IP address'
  4. Find the IP address of the printer by tapping on the wireless/ethernet icon on the printer screen
  5. Type in the 'IP address in Hostname or IP address' box, click next
  6. Proceed to the next steps by following the on-screen instructions.
  7. Try printing in grayscale/ black and white.

If the issue persists, Install the printer using Windows built-in driver

Refer to this document to know-how. Try printing.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.