Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
Laser Jet Pro M15w
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

I recently had Verizon FIOS installed and have been unable to connect my printer to the new wireless network. I read here that disabling SON should remedy the problem. Well, I have disabled SON but when I try to add my printer using HP Smart (I previously deleted the printer) I'm asked to connect the printer using a USB cable. Even with the USB connected I receive a message in HP Smart stating "No USB connected" or something like that. Basically, the printer cannot be detected for setup even when connected via USB. 

Please help.  

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Alexferra, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Refer to the document Connect to a Wireless HP Printer for alternate connectivity methods.

If you still have issues, use the guided troubleshooter Troubleshooting | Wireless Printing Center for instruction to isolate and resolve the issue.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for these suggestions but I still haven't found a solution.

This is such a frustrating situation. 

HP Recommended

@Alexferra

Thanks for replying!

I'd suggest you reach out to HP Support in your region for further course of action.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.