cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status..
edgar_sp
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 - Restrict Printer

HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8710

Hello,

My HP OfficeJet Pro printer is connected to our office network. In macOS, it can be added as a Bonjour Multifunction device under Add a Printer in System Preferences > Printers & Scanners > + > Add Printer. How can it be configured so it does not appear under the Add Printer list as I should be the only one who can use this printer? I do not want to disable Bonjour Multifunction as it will get rid of the scan feature. Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Jay_G24
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
14,170 14,137 1,156 1,278
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @edgar_sp,

I'd like to help!

The printer is connected over a network and cannot be hidden from others. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation