Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8600 N911g
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My wireless function is working sporadically. I suspect I need to replace the printer.

The printer says it's connected to the internet, no issues, HP print and scan doctor says there are no issues, but all computers say the printer is offline. All I have to do is turn off the internet on the printers control panel and then turn it right back on and it starts printing whatever is in the spool on the computer... Sometimes I have to unplug the printer from the power source. I did notice the wireless symbol to the left of the control panel should have a light, but it only has it sporadically, almost blinks on and off. Even though control panel says it's connected... Is the printer broken???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Nvstg8u

Welcome to the HP support community.

I am glad to assist you with the printer offline errors.

Assign a manual IP address to manually connect the printer.

Find the printer IP address to assign it manually.

1. Load plain, white paper in the product input tray.

2. On the product control panel, touch the Right Arrow (), and then touch Setup. The setup menu displays.

3. Touch the Down Arrow (), and then touch Reports.

4. Touch Network Configuration Page. The product prints a network configuration page.

Setting a Static IP Address

Once you know your printer’s IP address from the page you printed, entering it is pretty easy. Here’s what you do:

HP Printer Static IP Address

1. Run your Web browser.
  2. In the Web browser’s address bar, type the IP address of your printer and press Enter. Assuming you entered the right address, the HP printer control panel should appear.
  3. Click the Networking tab.
  4. Under Connections, click Wireless.
  5. Under IP Address Configuration, click Manual IP.
  6. Enter the IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway in the appropriate boxes.
  7. Click Apply.

You can try steps 2 and steps 4 in this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Nvstg8u

Welcome to the HP support community.

I am glad to assist you with the printer offline errors.

Assign a manual IP address to manually connect the printer.

Find the printer IP address to assign it manually.

1. Load plain, white paper in the product input tray.

2. On the product control panel, touch the Right Arrow (), and then touch Setup. The setup menu displays.

3. Touch the Down Arrow (), and then touch Reports.

4. Touch Network Configuration Page. The product prints a network configuration page.

Setting a Static IP Address

Once you know your printer’s IP address from the page you printed, entering it is pretty easy. Here’s what you do:

HP Printer Static IP Address

1. Run your Web browser.
  2. In the Web browser’s address bar, type the IP address of your printer and press Enter. Assuming you entered the right address, the HP printer control panel should appear.
  3. Click the Networking tab.
  4. Under Connections, click Wireless.
  5. Under IP Address Configuration, click Manual IP.
  6. Enter the IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway in the appropriate boxes.
  7. Click Apply.

You can try steps 2 and steps 4 in this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Couple of things different on my printer, but lucky for me I am good with tech! So I got network config page, then went to the printers network page. Found the manual config screen, which had IP4 and IPv6. I changed the settings in the IPv4... Doesn't look like I can change IPv6.... I'll see what happens, going out of town for a week so I won't get back here with a "it worked" response for a few weeks.... But so far so good!!

HP Recommended

@Nvstg8u

Good to know that issue is resolved.

Feel free to contact us in the future if you need any assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but.... It didn't fix the problem.... I tried printing something last night 8:30PM PST, and it was still in spooler on my computer, with a printer offline message.... The panel has the display which has the functions and so forth, but to the left of that is a wireless icon with a blue light that is supposed to be on. It's not, and when I reconnect the printer to the WAN, that light comes on for just a second, then goes off. On the display it tells me everything is good, connected, etc. I just think something went bad with the wireless board...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.