Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status.
09-22-2022 07:57 PM
Product: HP LaserJet Pro MFP M130nw
Operating System: Android 9.0 Pie
I've been trying to connect my laser printer for the past 2 weeks. No matter how many tutorials I watch or how many forums I read, for the life of me I can't find the printer on any of my android devices. It works just fine on Windows, but HP "Smart" can't find the thing to save it's life. My phone has Android 12 and my tablet Android 11. All updates were made. I deleted and reinstalled the apps and plugins multiple times.
I'm at a loss. Any advice?
1 REPLY 1
09-28-2022 11:18 PM
Welcome to HP Support Community. This is a great place to post questions and find answers.
Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.
I see you are unable to connect to your HP LaserJet Pro MFP M130nw on HP Smart App.
I suggest that you try printing from your phone using the Wi-Fi Direct option.
Please follow the steps listed below to connect using the wi-fi direct option by which you can directly connect the device to the printer without the router.
Before following the steps temporarily disconnect your phone from the Internet.
1. Make sure the printer is turned on, in a ready state, and paper is loaded in the main input tray.
2. From the printer control panel, touch (Wi-Fi Direct).
3. Touch Settings, and then Wi-Fi Direct to turn it on.
Press the Back button, and then find the Wi-Fi Direct name and password from the Wi-Fi Direct Details menu.
4. On the phone, open Settings, tap Wi-Fi and then tap the printer with DIRECT in the name (Example: DIRECT-72-HP Officejet Pro 6970) from the list of available networks.
5. Open the item you want to print, and then tap Print from the app or action menu.
6. Select your printer from the list of available printers, and then tap Print.
You may also check the steps from the link: https://support.hp.com/ph-en/document/c04577030
Hope this helps.
Take care and have a great day ahead.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community.
If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community