Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8625
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I had a perfectly working setup of my HP Officejet Pro 8625.  I downloaded HP smart, went to advanced settings then by mistake clicked on turn on firewall.  Now, the printer that the computer could see cannot be seen.  I could not find a way to disable firewall on the printer touchscreen.  I clicked forget the printer on HP Smart and HP smart simply finds the printer but calls it offline and asks me to turn on the printer.  Power cycling the printer did not fix the issue.  HP Scan doctor disabled firewalls on my machine but did not go further nor showed the firewall on the printer.  😞 

I simply want to disable firewall and revert to the working condition.  How do I?  Please comment and help! 

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

After spending many hours, I got things to work again only after resetting the printer settings to factory default.  

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04204791.pdf doesn't cover this nor any HP website documentation.  😞 

if there was another way, please share here so others (and possibly me in the future) can benefit...  

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.