Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended

I have a n HP Color Laser Jet Pro MFP M477fnw that will not connect to HP Web Services, namely ePrint Services and HP Apps. I get the following notification when I try to access apps: “Access Denied. This service may be busy. Retry later. If the problem continues, check for firmware updates.” These are the steps I have taken to address it:

1.) Retying later. The problem persisted.

2.) Checking internet connection. Connection is strong.

3.) Turn the printer off and back on by powering it down and then unplugging it. Waiting. Plugging the printer in and powering it on. The problem persisted.

4.) Removing web services and re-adding it. The problem persisted. Similarly, turning ePrint and Apps off and then back on. The problem persisted. Sometimes, I received the following error message: “Connection Error: 500. This printer is unable to connect to the service. Check internet connection.” The connection was strong.

5.) Turning wireless off and back on. Re-adding the network. The problem persisted. Sometimes, I received the following error message: “Connection Error: 500. This printer is unable to connect to the service. Check internet connection.” The connection was strong.

5.) Restoring network defaults. The problem persisted. Sometimes, I received the following error message: “Connection Error: 500. This printer is unable to connect to the service. Check internet connection.” The connection was strong.

6.) Uninstalling and reinstalling the firmware from my HP laptop that operates with windows 11. The problem persisted. Sometimes, I received the following error message: “Connection Error: 500. This printer is unable to connect to the service. Check internet connection.” The connection was strong.

7.) Running through simple troubleshooting following reinstallation of the firmware, like turning off and back on. 

It seems to be a toss-up right now as to which of the two errors (access denied or connection error) that the printer wants to give me. This has been an ongoing issue since Friday, 24.02.15. Sometimes, if I hit “Retry” repeatedly during a Connection Error, I can get to the next page. Additionally, sometimes, if I just continuously try to re-open the “Apps” app, “Access Denied” will turn to a “Connection Error.”

This is very frustrating and quite the inconvenience. It would be nice to have a solution.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.