cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

HP smart app not connecting to printer (but I can connect and print from my phone using iOS)

HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8720

After using the HP smart app without issue for years, it is no longer connecting to my printer.  I can print documents from my phone (on the same WiFi network).  I can scan documents from the printer to email, etc. 

So the printer is on WiFi and can connect to my phone, my email, etc. - just not the HP smart app. 

I powered devices down, unplugged the printer and the router, etc. to no avail.  I uninstalled the app.  

I did just update my iOS software on my iPhone, which is the only change to my set-up recently.  

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
19,255 19,213 833 887
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@TF-WC

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

• Step 1 Check for updates on your iPhone (do not skip any troubleshooting steps if you feel steps are repeating) 
  • Step 2 Reboot your iPhone.  
  • Step 3 Re-install the HP Smart app 

Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03561640 to Install and Use the HP Smart App (Android, Apple iOS, iPadOS)
And, also perform printer firmware update: ​​​​​​​https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02919168

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had tried that.  And just tried again.  Did not work. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
19,255 19,213 833 887
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@TF-WC

Thank you for posting back.

Just to verify are you unable to print from computer or phone?

And, also you can uninstall the HP smart app completely and then print

Keep me posted!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I can print from my phone.   So my phone connects to the printer, etc.  It is only the app that will not connect.   I have uninstalled the app a few times already (and shut down my phone).   Not the biggest deal but did use the app until it stopped connecting to the printer last week.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
19,255 19,213 833 887
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@TF-WC

Thank you for posting back.

Let's try this:

• Firstly, restart the router, printer and the IOS device.
  • Next make sure the IOS has the latest version. And, also update the printer firmware from the printer screen.
  • Next open the HP smart app and click on the + icon to add the printer.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation