Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
deskjet 2675
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi. I have a deskjet 2675 which had been working perfectly conected to wifi network. I moved it from that location to another which has another network, reset the wifi on printer, but cannot get it to work. Works when connected via usb to a computer. When i try on HP smart to access advanced settings to establish a network, it asks for user and password, do not have this information, how do i reset this to default? I have been trying for more than 3 hours to solve this and nothing.

please instructions on how to perform a semi-full reset.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

any suggestions?  help from a HP rep?

HP Recommended

@Franco64 

We are volunteers, including any "reps" in the group.

Without having any idea what you are seeing, I would guess the application is asking for the Wireless SSID (network name) and the password to the Wireless network.  "We" cannot provide that information, though we can suggest where to look.

If you are connecting to a standard wireless network, that is, a network controlled by a router:

Log into your router to find the SSID - name of network AND the password used to connect to that network.

Find Your Wireless WEP, WPA, WPA2 Password

Also - reference

User Guide

Start on Page 62

OR

If Wi-Fi Direct is supported on your Printer,

If you are connecting the printer directly to the computer / device and you are using Wi-Fi Direct:

Open User Guide

Start on Page 65 - Continue on Page 66

What else?

The only other place I can think of that would require a user name and password is the HP Smart application itself.

The credentials are those that you use to log into your HP Account.

What else?

There is a wealth of information here:

Wireless printing center

Wireless printing center – Replacing your Wireless Router

References / Resources

No Connection after Router or Wi-Fi Settings Change

Printer  Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 2675 All-in-One Printer 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

Reminder:  The Community is not a business group of HP

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

hi thanks for your reply. It is not a password for the network, during setup, i get a message that a custom password for the printer has to be entered. During my initial setup more than a year ago, i did not set up any password. Tried using admin, administrator, 12345678, leaving it blank, to no avail.

I need a reset for the printer. I did the power and the cancel button procedure, but when doing the setup again, it still asks for the printer password. I need a factory reset procedure please.

HP Recommended

@Franco64 

I cannot help with this.  🐀

Experts are forbidden breaching printer security.

I've sent a message to our moderators to try and get you in line for help.

Stay Safe.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

Reminder:  The Community is not a business group of HP

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Hi @Franco64,

I'd like to help!

We can perform a factory defaults on the printer to resolve the issue

The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may corrupt the device.

I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer.

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.