Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 9025 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 11

How exactly do I take the simple step of connecting my printer (HP Office Jet 9025 All-in-One) to my home wifi network?  All the official instructions I see are frustratingly unhelpful and/or circular:

-sometimes they say to use the printer's wireless setup wizard on the printer control panel.  But I can find no such wizard.

-Sometimes they say I just need to make sure my printer is connected to the same network as my laptop.  But that just begs the question: how exactly do I connect my printer to any particular wifi network? 
-Sometimes they say, just use the HP Smart app to get your printer set up online.  But in the HP Smart app, it tells me my printer is online, and I need to get it online again before I can use HP Smart with it.  Ugh!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Support Community.

Wireless Setup Wizard:

This resouce (example) will show you how ito connect the printer to the network:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1IOORiEbpQ

For more resources on this printer:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUV0sXfF6zPguNcBJu9yI4tmwShUFPUUY

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, Green Turtle. Unfortunately, neither video's solution works for me.
-The first video tells me to go to my printer's touchpad control panel and click on the wireless icon, which kind of looks like an antenna (or lower-case "i") with two curved radio waves on either side. I see no such icon on my printer's control panel.
-The second video tells me to get to a "control panel setup" and click on something called "wireless setup," again on my printer control panel. But I don't see how to get to either place on my printer control panel. FWIW, I set up this printer months ago, so it is not a matter of installing for the first time. How can I get there?

Please tell me what I can do, or how I can get to the right place.

HP Recommended

Hi @JohnLo81 

We've escalated the post to an agent. Look out for a Private Message (Envelope icon at the top right beside the Notification icon.)

Could you share what happened beforethe Wireless Icon disappeared?

1. Was there a change of Internet Service Provider?

2. Was there a change of Routers?

3. Did the printer moved to a different location? (e.g. moved house)

4. What other actions that yuo can recollect that may have caused this issue?

Thanks for your patience.

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

Yes to #1, #2, and #3, but these were all months ago, raising the question of why it did not act up more immediately.  

HP Recommended

FWIW, I also do not see any message in my inbox

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.