Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 2700 Series
iOS

Hey, so is there an email I can use to contact HP Customer Service? There was an update HP pushed through on my printer, and now my printer won’t connect to wifi or any of my devices. In the past, I could just unplug it and plug it back in and it would work, but that’s not working. I then went and reset my booster and router, but that didn’t help either. I then went onto the HP Smart app and it claims my printer is not set up, but when I try setting it up, I just get instructions on how to put ink cartridges in and that’s it. I tried doing the right thing and going to the online virtual agent to identify the problem but that got me nowhere. I then called Customer Service and the guy rudely just hung up on me before I could even finish explaining my issue! So, is there somewhere I can report him and somewhere I can get help fixing my printer from a nice, helpful customer service person?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Cassandra0805 

Welcome to the HP Community.

@Cassandra0805 wrote:

1.  Hey, so is there an email I can use to contact HP Customer Service?

2.  There was an update HP pushed through on my printer, and now my printer won’t connect to wifi or any of my devices. In the past, I could just unplug it and plug it back in and it would work, but that’s not working. I then went and reset my booster and router, but that didn’t help either.

3.  I then went onto the HP Smart app and it claims my printer is not set up, but when I try setting it up, I just get instructions on how to put ink cartridges in and that’s it.

4.  I tried doing the right thing and going to the online virtual agent to identify the problem but that got me nowhere.

5.  I then called Customer Service and the guy rudely just hung up on me before I could even finish explaining my issue!

6. So, is there somewhere I can report him and

7. (Is there) somewhere I can get help fixing my printer from a nice, helpful customer service person?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.  No, HP Support does not accept email requests to open a Warranty repair case.

2.  Router is likely unaware of the source of the problem.  Good idea to reboot it - it might have helped...

===================================================

3.  Try / Consider

If you have not already done so...

HP Smart recently Updated to a new version.

Check / Update HP Smart on every device (Windows / MacOS / iOS / Android) and all devices are running the latest version of HP Smart.  Yes, having one outdated device running an outdated version of the app can mess up a completely separate device.

Next...

If the connection problem is one that the HP Smart application can fix, it might work to Forget / Remove the printer from the HP Smart application and "start fresh".

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Example - HP Smart Mobile (iOS)

Open HP Smart Mobile

Settings wheel

Add / Set UP a Printer

scroll down...

Remove Printer

OR (Optionally)

If the printer is showing as connected (Green Check Mark next to printer)

Open HP Smart Mobile

Click on the Green Check

scroll down...

Remove Printer

Example - HP Smart Windows

Open HP Smart Windows

Printer Settings > scroll down 

Section Manage

Forget This Printer

OR (Optionally)

Open HP Smart Windows

Left-Click on the name of the connected printer > Forget this printer

================================================================

Next

Uninstall HP Smart from your Device (do so on all devices if problems just won't cease).

Restart the Device.

After the application is gone from the device,

"Get" a fresh copy of the application from the appropriate Store for your device type.

Set up / Add the printer

Instructions - FYI - Windows

Settings > Apps > Apps and Features 

Search or scroll down and find HP Smart

Left-Click on the item > Uninstall

Optional >> If having continuing issues: Restart the computer and log in

"Get" a new copy of the Application from the Microsoft Store

Reminder:  You’ll need to sign in to the application with your HP Account credentials.

4.  The HP Virtual Agent is not a true AI resource - it can answer a bunch of standard questions.  Anything that gets into "Why does this happen?" is likely not in the HPVA database.  Thank you for trying.  Using the software does help over time to make it smarter.

5.  No useful comment here - perhaps the call was accidentally terminated.  Perhaps, finding out that you are calling for a non-warranty covered item, the call was terminated.  True, there is little excuse for rudeness.

6.  I will forward a request for Review.  We are not HP Support - we do not issue reprimands to anyone.  I can indeed forward your comments describing your displeasure.

7.  Doubtful - Software is simply not covered under the standard hardware Warranty.  Applications are "use as can be done" and do not carry guarantees.  We all WANT everything to work as expected, of course.

You are likely stuck with us - we are not Support but we do work for free.

References / Resources

HP Printer Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

Printer is likely one of...

Results for "Deskjet 2700 printer" (25) 

OR

Product Home

Enter the type and name of your HP device

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Cassandra0805 

Welcome to the HP Community.

@Cassandra0805 wrote:

1.  Hey, so is there an email I can use to contact HP Customer Service?

2.  There was an update HP pushed through on my printer, and now my printer won’t connect to wifi or any of my devices. In the past, I could just unplug it and plug it back in and it would work, but that’s not working. I then went and reset my booster and router, but that didn’t help either.

3.  I then went onto the HP Smart app and it claims my printer is not set up, but when I try setting it up, I just get instructions on how to put ink cartridges in and that’s it.

4.  I tried doing the right thing and going to the online virtual agent to identify the problem but that got me nowhere.

5.  I then called Customer Service and the guy rudely just hung up on me before I could even finish explaining my issue!

6. So, is there somewhere I can report him and

7. (Is there) somewhere I can get help fixing my printer from a nice, helpful customer service person?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.  No, HP Support does not accept email requests to open a Warranty repair case.

2.  Router is likely unaware of the source of the problem.  Good idea to reboot it - it might have helped...

3.  Try / Consider

If you have not already done so...

HP Smart recently Updated to a new version.

Check / Update HP Smart on every device (Windows / MacOS / iOS / Android) and all devices are running the latest version of HP Smart.  Yes, having one outdated device running an outdated version of the app can mess up a completely separate device.

Next...

If the connection problem is one that the HP Smart application can fix, it might work to Forget / Remove the printer from the HP Smart application and "start fresh".

Example - HP Smart Mobile (iOS)

Open HP Smart Mobile

Settings wheel

Add / Set UP a Printer

scroll down...

Remove Printer

OR (Optionally)

Open HP Smart Mobile

Click on the Green Check

scroll down...

Remove Printer

Example - HP Smart Windows

Open HP Smart Windows

Printer Settings > scroll down 

Section Manage

Forget This Printer

OR (Optionally)

Open HP Smart Windows

Left-Click on the name of the connected printer > Forget this printer

================================================================

Next

Uninstall HP Smart from your Device (do so on all devices if problems just won't cease).

Restart the Device.

After the application is gone from the device,

"Get" a fresh copy of the application from the appropriate Store for your device type.

Set up / Add the printer

Instructions - FYI - Windows

Settings > Apps > Apps and Features 

Search or scroll down and find HP Smart

Left-Click on the item > Uninstall

Optional >> If having continuing issues: Restart the computer and log in

"Get" a new copy of the Application from the Microsoft Store

Reminder:  You’ll need to sign in to the application with your HP Account credentials.

4.  The HP Virtual Agent is not a true AI resource - it can answer a bunch of standard questions.  Anything that gets into "Why does this happen?" is likely not in the HPVA database.  Thank you for trying.  Using the software does help over time to make it smarter.

5.  No useful comment here - perhaps the call was accidentally terminated.  Perhaps, finding out that you are calling for a non-warranty covered item, the call was terminated.  True, there is little excuse for rudeness.

6.  I will forward a request for Review.  We are not HP Support - we do not issue reprimands to anyone.  I can indeed forward your comments describing your displeasure.

7.  Doubtful - Software is simply not covered under the standard hardware Warranty.  Applications are "use as can be done" and do not carry guarantees.  We all WANT everything to work as expected, of course.

You are likely stuck with us - we are not Support but we do work for free.

References / Resources

HP Printer Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

Printer is likely one of...

Results for "Deskjet 2700 printer" (25) 

OR

Product Home

Enter the type and name of your HP device

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

@Cassandra0805, Welcome to the HP Support Community! I’m here to help.

I understand you are trying to setup the printer and print from your iOS device. 

Are you sure you contacted HP Support? None of the HP agents would disconnect the call. If the call is disconnected due to line issues, the HP agent will call you back.

Let us try these steps:

Follow the steps from this document to connect the printer to the wireless network first - Connecting an HP Printer Using Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS)

• Make sure the printer and the iPad are connected to the same wireless network. Either 2.4 or 5GHz network.
  • If you have a Dual-band router and both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks share the same name/SSID, the printer will not be able to connect to the network. In this case, contact your Internet service provider to assign different names to both networks.

You may use the HP Smart app from App Store to print or use the AirPrint driver.

Refer to - HP printer setup (Apple AirPrint for iPhone, iPad)

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you! The printer connected to everything after I made each device forget the printer. I think my devices were connected to an outdated version of the printer, if that makes any sense. Thank you for your help! It is much appreciated.

HP Recommended

@Cassandra0805

Glad to know that the issue is now resolved. Feel free to contact us with any concerns related to HP products.

Happy to help!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Cassandra0805 

Excellent.

You are welcome.

Yes - it is possible that the version was stuck on one or more of the devices where you use HP Smart.

Happy Printing.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.