Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 3835
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I just bought a HP Desk Jet Ink Advantage 3835  printer, and I want to connect the printer to my laptop and desktop. I have successfully installed the printer to my desktop but finding difficulty to connect the printer to my laptop. Please can I get a step by step ways on how to network my laptop and desktop computers to the HP Desk Jet Ink Advantage 3835  printer??

Thank you so much , wait your responses.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Nnamoo, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Connect an HP printer to a local Wi-Fi network to wirelessly print from a personal computer, smartphone, or tablet.

Wireless printer setup confirmation

Step 1: Connect the printer to the Wi-Fi network

Before you can wirelessly print, connect the printer to the same local wireless network your computer or mobile device is on. These steps also apply if you changed your internet service provider or installed a new router and need to reconnect the printer.

NOTE: 

Wireless printing does not work over limited guest networks in places such as college dorms and hotels. Use a USB cable or connect with Wi-Fi Direct instead.

1. If you received an Enter the WPS PIN for your printer message, click Cancel in the window, and then continue with these steps.

2. Place the printer near the Wi-Fi router.

3. Turn on the printer and make sure ink cartridges are installed and paper is loaded in the main tray.

4. Connect the printer to the local network.

Printers with a touchscreen control panel:

1. On the printer, select Restore Network Settings (or similar) from the Wireless , Settings , or Restore Settings menu.

2. Get the network name (SSID) and password. Go to Finding Your Wireless Password for more information.

3. Select Wireless Setup Wizard from the Wireless, Settings, or Network Setup menu, and then select your network name and enter the password.

NOTE: 

If the Wireless Setup Wizard is not listed, select Wi-Fi Protected Setup or WPS, select Push Button, and then follow the steps to connect to the network.

Printers without a touchscreen control panel:

1. On the printer, press and hold the Wireless button  for five seconds or until the light starts blinking. For Tango printers, press the Wireless button and the Power button on the rear of the printer until the blue bar flashes.

2. Within two minutes, press and hold the Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) button on the router until the connection process begins. The light on the printer stops flashing when the connection completes.

If your router does not have a WPS button, continue with these steps.

3. Download and install the HP Smart app from 123.hp.com (Android, iOS), HP Smart - Microsoft Store (in English), or from HP Smart - Mac App Store (in English).

4. Prepare the printer for a wireless network connection.

For most HP printers without a touchscreen: Press and hold the Wireless and Cancel buttons until the Wireless and Power lights blink.

For HP Laser printers without a touchscreen: Press and hold the Wireless button until the Attention light blinks. The printer might restart.

For HP Tango printers: Press and hold the Wireless button on the back of the printer for five seconds until the front light flashes blue.

5. Within two hours, follow the guided steps in the HP Smart app to add the printer and set up the wireless connection.

NOTE: 

If the printer does not connect, go to Troubleshoot a Wi-Fi Printer Connection.

Step 2: Connect the printer to your computer or mobile device

Install the HP software or HP Smart app to complete the printer connection.

1. Make sure your computer or mobile device is connected to your local wireless network and has a strong signal.

2. Go to 123.hp.com, and then enter your printer model name and number.

NOTE: 

Chromebook computers do not require a driver download. In the Chrome OS settings, click Advanced, click Printers, and then click Add Printer to connect. Go to Printing from a Chromebook for more information.

3. Download the driver or HP Smart app to your computer or mobile device.

4. Open the software, and then follow the guided installation to complete the setup for a wireless connection.

If a Find Printer Pin message displays during setup, enter the PIN found on the label adhered to the printer. If a password is also required, enter the PIN as the password.

Refer to the document Connect to a Wireless HP Printer for additional help.

Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.