Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart e-All-in-One Printer - D110a

HP Photosmart D 110 Printer Wireless Issue:
The physical location of my  Internet provided modem/router with WPA/WPA2 level Security doesn’t provide a signal strong enough to provide wireless service throughout my home, requiring that it be connected to a router that sends a stronger signal.
My old  Linksys N router with WPA level Security died this week &  has  now been replaced by a Nighthawk RAX30 router with WPA3 level Security.  
My HP d 110 Printer successfully connected wirelessly with the old  Linksys router, but cannot connect to the new router, as the printer cannot communicate the WPA passphrase to the new WPA3 router (not downward compatible).

If I connect to the Internet provided modem/router directly, the HP Wireless Network Test Report shows that Wireless was successfully set up, but the Wireless Light continues to flash & it is not possible to print wirelessly. Also shows excellent signal quality when moved closer to Internet provider modem/router.

Printer functions perfectly when hard wired to a laptop with Windows 11 OS.

Any ideas what may be preventing me from using the printer wirelessly?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Your new router is likely a dual band. Your old one was simply a 2.4Ghz. What you need to do is create a separate SSID on the router for the 2.4Ghz channel and only allow the printer to connect to that channel.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.