Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended

Hello guys, please I need your help. I have printer HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 3635 and i cant get into EWS (Embedded Web Server). It says i have set my own password but I know know it (dont remember it) and its locked now. I need to reset my printer to set new password to connect my printer to wifi. Can anyone please write me a step by step instruction how to hard reset my printer? Thank you so much.

It is in czech language:

HP EWS.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @Petevese,

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I understand that you would like to reset the password for your HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 3635 All-in-One Printer's EWS page as you have forgotten the password.

I did some research on this and came across several steps that could help us to reset the EWS page password:

• Restore the network defaults on the printer as shown below:

Password access requirement is turned OFF.

The username default is ADMIN.

The password is BLANK.

If the above steps do not work then you may try the following steps:

1. Open a web browser and type the printer IP address in the address field exactly as it appears on the Configuration Page,  and then press Enter.
    NOTE: .From the printer control panel, press the Wireless button and the Information button (i) together to print the network configuration page. This page contains the IP address.
  2. Click the Security tab, and under General Security, set the local administrator password.
    1. Keep the username default as admin.
    2. Type the New Password and Verify Password.
    3. Navigate to the bottom of the page and click Apply.

Use these credentials the next time you Log In to the EWS.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi @Petevese

As we did not hear from you, I'll be closing this case for now. Hope I was able to fix the issue. If you need further assistance, feel free to reach out to us. 

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.