Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended

The HP HP Laserjet Pro M477fdw.

Have literally been eyeing it for the past month just waiting for the price to drop. Was looking at the price history and it has dropped to 280 before but it was back in july. Refuse to get it at the current price so I keep waiting. Is the printer in general worth it? Looks very nice to me. The replacement cartridges are rather expensive (even generic) but I really just seem to like this thing and want it. Need it just for home use. No office or anything.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Keep your eye on HP Promotions for, for example, cashback on this printer.  The cashback was £100 when I bought mine so it ended up costing me [net] £244 - despite exchange rates, the net US cost at the time would also have been about $244.

I bought this printer three years ago and buying it was a very good decision. 

- It's the best printer I have ever had.

- It's the best scanner I have ever had.

- Its ability to scan both sides in its document feeder means I can deal with incoming documents quickly and without any fuss.  This morning, I've scanned about half an inch thick worth of bank etc papers over a cup of coffee.

- Its scanner user interface is simple & settings are readily customisable [see my 1, 2 entries in the diagram].

HPScan UI - small.png

- Scanning to PDF and 'Editable text' works straight from the illustrated user interface.  There is no need to delve into the OCR software that is actually doing the work [ReadIris].

- Scanning can also be initiated from shortcuts so once you are happy with a setup you can just click on a shortcut and it will get on with the job.  See my question & my own answer in HP scan command line switches - HP Support Forum

- I noted some of its other useful features in some requirements #8 - TenForums

- I have used the scanner at least weekly. 

- I have hardly used the printer at all but everything I have printed has been both painless & of good quality.

Denis

HP Recommended

HP printers may be Ok, but go with someone else.  Their support is non existent.  I bought a service plan.  Total waste of money.  Can’t get to it.  Chat doesn’t work.  Unless your problem is simple like “turn it on” you will spend hours, and hours, and hours trying to get an answer to your question.  They are a retail outlet only.  Do not expect help with anything.  You won’t get it.  It’s like buying something from Wally and asking the clerk for help.  I can’t get my printer to connect to my WiFi.  I can print directly to the printer via the printer’s WiFi.  But I have to constantly switch back and forth between my WiFi and the printer’s WiFi.  I have 8 hours into this problem.  I need to drive over it with my Chevy 2500 and send it back to HP.

HP Recommended

When I could not connect my printer to my WiFi network, I ran HP Print and Scan Doctor and it diagnosed the problem then fixed it.

Best of luck,

Denis

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.