Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended

I am trying to configure M1136 as N/W printer connecting it to Router Dlink via USB. 

1. Printer is physically connected to router(home) , print service is enabled via router admin. Printer has an IP 192.*.*.12.

Printer connection is verified by ping.

2. Added remoter printer on laptop configuring it as N/W printer by specifiying IP address and LPR queue.

3. Installation is successful, reloded driver, firware and printer utility from HP site, post instalaltion test page get fired but there is not printout. Page is visible in Queue with status as Printing but that's end of it.

4. Verified connection etc with HP print doctor with all test successful but still there is no test print out page.

Printer is conneted on net and can be seen from other devices. No connection issues.

5. The router is Dlink 825, printer is 2012 make.

Pl help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please be aware that the M1136 printer uses the Host-Based printing language, a more limited print language which most print servers does not support, see the Print languages section within its Specifications section:

https://store.hp.com/in-en/default/hp-laserjet-pro-m1136-multifunction-printer.html

I could not find any reference for the Host-Based printing language, but I would assume that Host-Based printers are not supported for a such, please verify that with DLink support, I would likely assume this is the cause.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please be aware that the M1136 printer uses the Host-Based printing language, a more limited print language which most print servers does not support, see the Print languages section within its Specifications section:

https://store.hp.com/in-en/default/hp-laserjet-pro-m1136-multifunction-printer.html

I could not find any reference for the Host-Based printing language, but I would assume that Host-Based printers are not supported for a such, please verify that with DLink support, I would likely assume this is the cause.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.