Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
M276nw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, 

My ISP recently upgraded routers and my M276nw no longer can connect via wireless. 

The 2.4Ghz network is visible to the printer, but the printer claims I'm providing an incorrect password. 

I'm able to plug the printer in with an ethernet cable and access the web admin interface. 

(This is not a viable long term solution due to placement of the router/access point.)

Under Networking > Wireless Configuration, I see no option to set the security as WPA2 and suspect this is my problem.

I attempted setting the SSID and password through the web admin interface manually as WPA, which also failed.

Does anyone know if this printer should be compatible with WPA2? 

The documentation doesn't really specify...

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-laserjet-pro-200-color-mfp-m276/5097648/model/5097653 

Thanks,

Stephen

Edit**

Oh, not that it matters but I have tried:

- resetting the device to default configurations

- upgrading firmware (it's now on the current, Apr 2019 release)

- installing new drivers / HP Smart on the computer I'm using to test

- contacting the ISP to check if there are any settings that would restrict printers on the router / access point (none are enabled)

Edit2**

screen shot of the web-admin interface

web admin interfaceweb admin interface

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@sroy_2, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand you are not able to connect the printer to the wireless network due to password issues. I appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve this issue by performing all possible troubleshooting steps. Yes, this printer supports WPA/WPA2 security encryption methods.

Are you using a mesh network or an extender?

Update the printer firmware using the ethernet cable

Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your PC.

Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.

Restart the printer and try connecting

On the printer screen, go to Setup > Network Setup > Restore network settings

Go back to Network > Wireless > Wireless setup wizard and select your network > Enter the password

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply.

>> Are you using a mesh network or an extender?

Nope, the new router is a Zyxel EMG6726-B10A.

I can't tell you the settings on it since it's managed by the ISP, but it's the only network access point.

>> Update the printer firmware using the ethernet cable.

As mentioned, that step has already been performed. 

Specifically, the HP_LaserJet_M276_colorMFP_Series_FW_Update_20190401 was applied. 

>> Restart the printer and try connecting.

Gave it another shot, still getting a prompt indicating the password is incorrect. 

I am 100% certain the password I'm entering via the printer screen is correct. 

Any other ideas, I'm out of them myself since I can't troubleshoot router settings (thanks ISP)?

Thanks

HP Recommended

@sroy_2

I think this issue needs some additional technical assistance that can be better provided through one-on-one interaction or a remote session with our HP Support team.

Please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region for further assistance. 

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.