Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended

I have a new wifi network and password, but I cannot get my printer to connect to the new network.

1.  I do not have WPS feature on my router, so that is not an option. 

2.  I cannot connect via USB to my desktop because the admin settings (work computer) will not let me download anything from HP.  

I can print from my phone if I am on the cellular network, but I cannot figure out how to update the network information for the printer.  But, it is critical that I have a wifi connection for this printer and it was working wonderfully until i made this change.  Please help!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Kat2021, Welcome to HP Support Community!

May I have the exact model name of the product? Refer to this document for steps to find the product details. Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

Keep me posted for further assistance

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

HP deskjet printer 3720 series. I have recently had new superfast fibre broadband installed and then SKY Q. I tried to print the instructions for a product but continually get the same error message ie -  printer validation failed. How can I reconnect my printer to allow me to print. Thanks

HP Recommended

I had to configure the router.  Specifically the wifi security settings for the band that the printer could see... in my case the printer can only see the 2g band and not the 5g.  So, on with configuring the 2g settings.....

The security settings for each band are set at WPA-2 (we need to change that to WPA).

In my router I had to set the band to 'Open' then Save.... Then back to Wifi settings and set where it says 'Open' to 'Personal WPA' or 'WPA'.... not 'WPA-2'... then make sure the password is what you desire, then save.

Give your router a moment to configure itself, your computer might lose wifi connection for a bit.

Go back to your printer wifi settings and find that 2g again, try connecting to it with the password.  Voila... it should work for you, too.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.