Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP Color Laser 150nw
iOS

So we have set the printer up and come to the stage of connecting to the WiFi.  The instructions say that on the WiFi list there should be an option to select “HP setup...” but there isn’t.  There is an option to select “Direct 90 HP Laser 150nw” but this asks for a password and we have no idea what it should be.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@CaraHelp, Welcome to HP Support Community!

To connect the printer to the network, refer to the document Connect to a Wireless HP Printer for help.

If you're using the HP Smart App, this document HP Printers - Install and Use the HP Smart App should help.

If you still have issues, use the guided troubleshooter Troubleshooting | Wireless Printing Center for instruction to isolate and resolve the issue.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

When I set up mine, on the box it had the MAC address of the printer. Via my wifi settings, I added the MAC address and assigned it a static IP address. Hence, as soon as I turned the printer on, my wifi network already knew about the printer and assigned it accordingly.

HP Recommended

I have the same issue, spent 6 hours trying to figure this out 

nothing works

Used the MAC address on the box, with a static IP, nothing

Used a windows machine to give it the settings, nothing

I can print with wifi direct, ethernet or usb but cannot connect to either my 2.4GHz or 5GHz network.

A sound can be heard when the wireless blue light suddenly stops (wifi adapter just shuts down?)

Someone with a solution? The right thing to do is send it back

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.