Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
Envy Pro 6432
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Purchased an Envy Pro 6432 on 18th Jan 2021, and after initially taking 3 hours to get the printer setup, tried 2 Windows Laptops, and then it finally completed setup using the app on my Android phone, I then connected various devices to it using WiFi.

Tested printing from Windows laptop, an Android phone and two Chromebooks.

Now it's the 20th Jan and no device can print.

Windows tries to print but just errors, my Android phone has completely lost the printer, and the two Chromebooks say error connecting.

The printer is on (never seems to go off, light is always white) and connected to the WiFi as the HP Smart apps on both Windows laptop & Android phone can see it and say it is ready.

I can change settings in the Embedded Web Server so the printer is defiantly online & connected, but nothing will print to it.

This is particularly troublesome as I have two children home schooling at the moment and they are unable to print anything.

I have never had so much problem with any printer in the past.

I'm regretting purchasing an HP printer, but it was the only one in stock anywhere.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I have got somewhere with this.

Downloaded the HP Print and Scan Doctor, this would detect the printer but then fail to connect to it, even after powering off everything and doing the retry option.

I found some posts via Google that suggested changing the printer to only use 2.4Ghz Wifi.

After doing this the Print and Scan Doctor could then connect to the printer and fixed a port clash or something similar.

Things have been better since then, but the connect does still seem to go sometimes.
Scanning using the HP Smart app on my Windows 10 laptop would not work. where as it would on my Android phone.
Another reboot of the laptop and it can now scan.

I have managed to get the Chromebooks connected again, had to delete the exiting printer and save it again.

Will see how it behaves over the next few days, else this will be going back for a refund and I will find another brand somehow.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.