Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8730
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good afternoon,
I own a HP OfficeJet Pro 8730.  In my home office I have multiple PC's (Windows-10 64-bit) connected via Ethernet and also several Apple iPad's and iPhone's that connect via WiFi.  The HP Printer used to be connected to the network via Ethernet, but was also configured for the WiFi.  I used to be able to print from the Desktop PC's (Ethernet) and also the Apple devices (WiFi) with NO issues.  Recently this stopped, no Idea why but no the Printer seems to only support Ethernet or WiFi, not both.

If I plug in the Ethernet cable to the printer, then WiFi is turned off,,,which seems logical except that it was working before.

I would think that I should connect the Printer to the Ethernet.  And the WiFi devices should still be able to get to the IP address of the printer since they are in the same domain/same IP Segment.  What am I doing wrong?  No idea why this was working and recently stopped.

Thanks for any assistance you might be able to provide.

Bill 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi Bill,

Connecting an Ethernet cable disables the wireless radio, this is expected for any HP printer.

When the printer is connected to the network with an ethernet cable, the router allows any connected device to communicate with the printer, as long as both connected to the same router, either wirelessly or with an Ethernet cable.

Try restarting your router if it doesn't allow communication of wireless devices with the printer, once the internet connection returns restart the printer too and check for any difference while trying to print from a wirelessly connected device,

If the same persists, I suggest contacting your router service provider, it is possible the network settings have been changed due to a router update for an example.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.