Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
macOS 12.0 Monterey

Printer worked fine.

Then I upped the network encryption from WPA 2 to WPA 3.

Printer couldn't connect because WPA 3 is not supported.

Reset network encryption to WPA 2.

Printer won't connect.

Instruction on HP site say there should be some sort of "Reset Network settings" button in the printer's menu, but there is not. 

Tried to connect with USB cable, but printer won't go online. 

Oddly, USB works with my other laptop. Both are Macs running the latest OS. Printer won't connect wirelessly with either of them. 

Second HP printer to randomly quit working here, but this one was working fine until I messed with the network encryption. Even then, that shouldn't matter with a USB connection and the printer does work with my laptop, but not the laptop in the office where it's used. 

Any suggestions? Please oh please don't sent me a robot response telling me to do all the things I just listed having done. Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Didn't work. I get the same error message about damaged cartridge.

How about the reset instructions for my other bunk HP printer in the other thread, the Officejet pro 9025? I need to get that one back up and working too.

HP Recommended

@FHFHFHF

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

I'd be happy to help.

To restore the printer to the original network settings 1. From the printer control panel, touch or swipe down the tab at the top of the screen to open the Dashboard, and then touch ( Setup ). 2. Touch Network Setup. 3. Touch Restore Network Settings. A message appears stating that the network defaults will be restored. 4. Touch Yes.

Once done, connect the Printer back to the Wi-Fi.

Let me know if this helps.

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers and did reply to you!

Thanks!

Have a great day! 

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Does the Officejet pro 9025 recognize WPA 2 encrypted passwords, yes or no? I got it to go online finally when I removed the password, but when the password was replaced, it gave the same previous error message that the network was using a type of encryption that it did not recognize.

HP Recommended

It supports WPA2-Enterprise wired.

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers and did reply to you!

Thanks!

Have a great day! 

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.