Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer

I have a P1102W which was working great. Until I had to renumber my network!

The HP smart software said "Printer offline" but I could print to it by USB.
I finally got to the embedded web pages and set up wireless and all that works.

I can print to it wireless from my windows 10 desktop after unplugging the USB. So far so good. It all works, finally.
Except for when I click "Enable Web Services" on the web services tab on the printer web pages.
That chugs for a few seconds and says

Connection error. Check Internet connection. 

The printer is on my local network and the internet access all works. I am logged in to the HP site.
I found a post about this very issue on this printer but for some reason it says it's archived and I couldn't see the solution.
https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Mobile-Printing-Cloud-Printing/HP-P1102w-unable-to-connect-to-web-serv...
What could be wrong?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Does anyone have any ideas? Is HP web services as embedded in this printer even still available?

HP Recommended

Hi @Steevo97

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I understand that you are facing issues with connectivity. I'd like to help!

Do you get an error message when trying to connect to the Wi-Fi?
Are you connecting the printer to a 2.4Ghz network or a 5Ghz network?

What device are you using the printer with a Windows computer, Mac, Android, or iPhone?

Try the following and see how it goes. 

Restore Wi-Fi setup mode on the printer

• Prepare a printer for a Wi-Fi connection by restoring the Wi-Fi setup mode.
  • When the settings are restored, the printer enters Wi-Fi setup mode for about two hours, making it discoverable during the HP software installation.
  • Most inkjet printers without a touchscreen: Press and hold the Wireless 

and Cancel 

buttons until the Power button flashes, and then wait for the Wireless light to flash.

• Once you restore the network to defaults, then please follow the instructions on this link to connect the printer back to your PC.

Once done update the firmware for the printer. Click here.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

You must have misunderstood.

The printer is connected to wifi and works great.
The printer UI accessible by the printer IP address has a tab for HP web services, to enable printing from outside my home wifi.

I click the only button on that tab to enable HP web services and I get a failure message.

Connection error. Check Internet connection.
The failure is not my wifi, that works fine. The problem is at HP.
The question I asked is, should the Enable HP Web Services button work, and why wouldn't it?
I logged in on another tab of the same browser, so that's not the problem.
Interestingly, isdown.me says that site is up. But it's not up for me.
https://isdown.me/hpeprintcenter.com

HP Recommended

I found a reference online to https://hpeprintcenter.com being retired. That's awkward, HP embedded that in 50 million printers and it no longer works? That is bad.

HP Recommended

Hi @Steevo97,

Thanks for your reply. This might require one on one interaction to fix the issue.

I've sent you a private message with further instructions. In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Support Community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.