Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart D110

My printer supposedly connects to the same network as my computer. An IP address is displayed and the wireless network report prints out after connection and show the correct network name and the same IP address that is displayed on the screen. For some reason when I go to settings and select Add Printer, the computer detects nothing. So far I have tried:

- I have restarted the router, printer and computer to reset and connected all to the same network

-HP scan doctor 

-uninstalled and reinstalled the specific HP software and driver

In solutions where I have had to plug in the IP address displayed on the printer, the results still state that no printer can be detected. Is it possible that the IP address is incorrect? I am not sure how to fix that, but that seems to be the only plausible explanation.

If anyone has experienced and solved a similar issue please let me know. I am not sure what else I need to try. 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Mia31, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Check and disable any anti-virus software installed on the computer.

On the printer screen, go to Setup > Network Setup > Restore network settings

Go back to Network > Wireless > Wireless setup wizard and select your network.

• Obtain the IP address of the printer – You can touch the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel to obtain the IP address.
  • Type the IP address at the top of your web browser to obtain the printer EWS page on your computer.
  • If you get any security notification, click on show details/advanced and 'proceed to this website'.
  • Try printing a test page.

Note: if you are not able to access the EWS page of the printer, there is no connectivity between the printer and the computer.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks! I am going to try that. I have already tried typing in the IP address to the web browser and am not able to access the EWS.... so I am gonna reset everything again after turning off my anti-virus program.

I'll let you know! Thanks again!

Mia

HP Recommended

@Kumar0307, 

Unfortunately, that didn't work. I turned off what I could on my Avast Antivirus (Firewall and some others I could toggle off), restored printer network settings, and then reconnected. It appears as connected on my Xfinity app, which is so bizarre.  Is there any thing else I could try?

Thanks!

HP Recommended

@Mia31

Check if MAC filtering is enabled on the router that could be blocking the printer. 

I think this issue needs some additional technical assistance that can be better provided through one-on-one interaction or a remote session with our HP Support team.

Please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region for further assistance. 

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Kumar0307

So, I have googled around about why my printer's IP address is invalid and it looks like it is a common problem. It begins with 169.254 which is and Auto private IP address... any thoughts or suggestions on this? 

What I can understand is that this IP address is a default when a connection can't be made or communicate with the network.... but Xfinity says it is connected so idk.

Should I go in an set a manual IP address? This may be outside of what this community board is intended for but I am not able to use the support link you provided or reach out to anyone but a virtual agent. I am not sure why I am having challenges with working one-on-one with a live agent. All I know is I am always directed back here! 

Thank you for your help!

HP Recommended

@Mia31

169. IP address is an invalid IP address. To assisgn a manual IP address to the printer, you will have to access its EWS page. To access the EWS page, you need a valid IP address of the printer. So, we are back to square one.

The IP address should either start with 192. or 10. Kindly contact your Internet service provider about the same.

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.