Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended

My printer contantly loses its connection to my wi-fi network. The only way to solve it is to switch the printer off and on again. I have tried deleting and re-intalloing the printer. I have rset the wi-fi connection on the printer. But noen of this makes any difference. Can anyone help please

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Nicholasreeves,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It can be frustrating when your HP printer keeps losing its connection to your Wi-Fi network. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the issue:

Check Wi-Fi Signal Strength: Ensure that your printer is within a reasonable range of your Wi-Fi router. Weak Wi-Fi signals can lead to connection problems. If possible, move your printer closer to the router to improve signal strength.

Router and Network Troubleshooting:

• Restart your Wi-Fi router: Sometimes, routers can become overwhelmed or encounter issues. Power cycle your router by unplugging it, waiting for about 30 seconds, and then plugging it back in.
  • Check for firmware updates for your router and install them if available.
  • Verify that other devices on your network are not experiencing similar connectivity issues. If they are, the problem may be with your Wi-Fi network.

Printer Firmware Update: Ensure that your HP printer has the latest firmware installed. You can usually check for firmware updates from the printer's control panel or by visiting the HP support website.

Static IP Address: Assign a static IP address to your printer within your router's settings. This can prevent the printer from periodically receiving a new IP address, which might be causing connectivity issues.

Printer Network Settings:

• Reset the network settings on your HP printer and reconnect it to your Wi-Fi network. Make sure you enter the correct Wi-Fi credentials.
  • Double-check that the printer is connected to the correct Wi-Fi network, especially if you have multiple networks in your home.

Router Settings:

• Ensure that your router is broadcasting both 2.4GHz and 5GHz Wi-Fi networks. Some HP printers may only support one frequency band.
  • Disable any firewall or security settings on your router that might be blocking the printer's connection.

Printer Placement: Avoid placing your printer near other electronic devices that may interfere with its Wi-Fi signal, such as cordless phones, microwave ovens, or other wireless devices.

HP Print and Scan Doctor: Download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool. This utility can help diagnose and resolve common printer connectivity issues.

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4
HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.