Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
LaserJet Pro M15w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought a 100$ printer two years ago and was able to connect it using a USB cable.  The manual seemed to assume that everyone would prefer a wireless set-up, but many people still use paper and a desk, and are lucky enough to be able to find the space to plug things in first, and so I assume I am not alone in assuming this simple solution would work.  Instead, the printer now refuses to realize it is connected to a PC because the PC is connected to a wireless connectivity device.  The wireless connectivity device can be a hot spot or an i-phone, but neither one will allow the printer to connect via USB and if I disconnect from wireless, I cannot access any manuals, self-help tips, or other provisions for failure.  The USB should always work but doesn't.  The company does not seem to provide support for this product.  If they cannot support something, it would be the considerate thing not to sell it to people.  What a waste of time, money, and effort just so some CEO's can flatter themselves that they look better than other people because they have more expensive lives.  

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Tigrana19, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Press the wireless button on the printer to turn off this feature. if the light is off, it means this feature is turned off.

A USB connection from the printer to the PC should work fine in spite of the PC being connected to a wireless network.

To know how to connect the printer and the PC using a USB cable, refer to - USB Printer Setup (Windows)

If the issue persists, run HP Print and Scan Doctor to diagnose and fix any driver issue

Click here to download the file. Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and click on 'Fix printing'.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.