Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My printer has gone offline once again after removing a paper jam.  Last time I was guided through changing the IP address on my router.  It was cahnged from [Personal Information Removed]

I have printed off a Wreless Network Test Results page which shows I am currently configured with an Auto IP address which on most networks prevents the printer from communicating over the network.  It also shows the IP address now as 1[Personal Information Removed]

What must I do to get the printer back online?

Printer is an HP Officejet 4630 e-All-in-One Series

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you Kumar, that was very kind of you to help.  I acutaully managed to get through to the HP helpline yesterday via my Instant Ink Account and was talked through what to do.  I tried to remember the steps afterwards so that I could right it down but of course there is so much I can't remember so it is good to have your input that I can now print and keep.  Somewhere along the line he did I think mention Restore Network Settings.  I had to switch off and on both my router and printer like you said.  Then I had to write down the IP address shown on my printer after pressing the wi fi button.  After that I had to unintall the printer and then reinstall not by selecting from the printers listed but by indicating it wasn't listed and manually installing it using the IP address I had noted down in the TCI/IP box.  I think he said a new driver for the printer would get loaded.  Anyway, whether I've remembered everything or not, it worked!  I will now keep your suggestion together with my notes so that if it happens again I may be able to solve it on my own.  Many Thanks once again!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I forgot to say that I tried unplugging for 30 secs before pluggibg back in and after 60 secs turning the power button on the printer off then on again as suggested on the report.  It made no difference and the next report remained exactly the same as the first.

HP Recommended

Just noticed on the Configuration report that the Default Gateway is showing as 0.0.0.0

I believe this should be the router IP address which as I said was last time alterd to 192.168.1.65

HP Recommended

@JLC1, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Restart the wireless router, the printer, and the PC

On the printer screen, go to Setup > Network Setup > Restore network settings

Go back to Network > Wireless > Wireless setup wizard and select your network.

• Make sure the printer and the PC are connected to the same wireless network.
  • This printer supports only 2.4GHz network. So, the PC should be on the 2.4GHz network.
  • If you have a Dual-band router and both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks share the same name/SSID, the printer will not be able to connect to the network. In this case, contact your Internet service provider to assign different names to both the networks.
  • Try printing.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you Kumar, that was very kind of you to help.  I acutaully managed to get through to the HP helpline yesterday via my Instant Ink Account and was talked through what to do.  I tried to remember the steps afterwards so that I could right it down but of course there is so much I can't remember so it is good to have your input that I can now print and keep.  Somewhere along the line he did I think mention Restore Network Settings.  I had to switch off and on both my router and printer like you said.  Then I had to write down the IP address shown on my printer after pressing the wi fi button.  After that I had to unintall the printer and then reinstall not by selecting from the printers listed but by indicating it wasn't listed and manually installing it using the IP address I had noted down in the TCI/IP box.  I think he said a new driver for the printer would get loaded.  Anyway, whether I've remembered everything or not, it worked!  I will now keep your suggestion together with my notes so that if it happens again I may be able to solve it on my own.  Many Thanks once again!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.