Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
Officejet 4655
macOS 10.14 Mojave

My computer will no longer connect to the printer. I restarted the printer, and when I hit 'print' on my mac, it says under system preferences that the printer is 'in use,' but the printer icon pops up and says, "the printer is not connected."

Thoughts?

19 REPLIES 19
HP Recommended

The solution is to download (and install) this package which will update drivers AND THE CERTIFICATE:
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Installations/Essentials/hp-printer-essen...

Easy Admin did nothing. Easy Startup did nothing. 5.1 drivers did nothing. This worked for me!

HP Recommended

I have noticed that you post this link on every question about the printer an iMac not working. It does not solve the problem! Any more ideas?

HP Recommended

Can you verify you downloaded the exact link I provided, and then ran/installed it?

Did you uninstall your device using System Preferences/Printers & Scanners? 

Please verify you did these things, in this order.

HP Recommended

By the time I found this forum, the printer was already uninstalled. I cannot reinstall it. Keeps saying it cannot find the device even though they are both on the same network. The package did install successfully.

HP Recommended

Does it show up in Printers & Scanners or no?

HP Recommended

No it does not show up.

HP Recommended

What happens when you click the "Plus" in "Printers & Scanners" to add a device?

HP Recommended

Nothing. No device shows up

HP Recommended

Can you enter it in the IP address tab at the top and see if it finds it? If you need help finding the IP address of the printer, let me know.

Also, did you already try "Easy Start"?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.