Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended

We recently updated Eric’s Finity to a gateway 5G.  I cannot get my older HP printer to find or take the new network.  

help please 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

The printer supports a 2.4GHz wireless connection only, so first you should contact your internet service provider and make sure that your router is set to broadcast a 2.4GHz wifi.

Ask your ISP to make sure that 2.4GHz wifi is set with a unique SSID, not the same SSID for your 5GHz connection (e.g eric for a 2.4GHz band and eric5 for the 5GHz as an example)

Once the settings has been changes, swipe down the gray dashboard at the top of the printer screen and click the wireless icon, then click the gear icon and select Restore Network Settings. Be sure to confirm any prompt, the select Wireless Setup Wizard from the same menu, select your network and provide its password.

Regards,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

There is no Eric.  Sorry

HP Recommended

Hi,

What is your printer model?

Many HP printers only supports 2.4GHz wireless connection, only select later models supports 5GHz connectivity, so enabling 2.4GHz with a unique SSID would be crucial to connect the printer to the network in such scenario.

Shlomi

HP Recommended

The printer is a OfficeJet Pro 6975.  It’s several years old.  If it’s connectable could you walk me through the steps?  I am computer illiterate so please dummy down.

thanks so much!

HP Recommended

Hi,

The printer supports a 2.4GHz wireless connection only, so first you should contact your internet service provider and make sure that your router is set to broadcast a 2.4GHz wifi.

Ask your ISP to make sure that 2.4GHz wifi is set with a unique SSID, not the same SSID for your 5GHz connection (e.g eric for a 2.4GHz band and eric5 for the 5GHz as an example)

Once the settings has been changes, swipe down the gray dashboard at the top of the printer screen and click the wireless icon, then click the gear icon and select Restore Network Settings. Be sure to confirm any prompt, the select Wireless Setup Wizard from the same menu, select your network and provide its password.

Regards,

Shlomi

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.