Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Pro 6455 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My printer continually needs to be unplugged and plugged back in to print.  Now it says it's offline. Troubleshooter has NEVER worked. The Network Configuration Page reads "The wireless radio is not functioning. Contact HP support".  My printer is out or warranty. How do l contact HP? The Virtual Assistant is useless. 

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

How long has this been an issue for you? I'm having similar problems over the last couple of days, I'm wondering if it is related to recent HP software updates.

HP Recommended

Hi @Cheryl6522 and @Trice

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'll be glad to help you :slightly_smiling_face: 

As I understand the HP Printer is no longer connecting to WiFi,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you attempt a power cycle?

Have you run the HP Print and Scan doctor to identify or resolve the issue?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to do:

Step 1: Restart the computer, printer, and router

Restart the computer, printer, and router to resolve any connectivity error states.

NOTE:

The following steps temporarily disconnect network and Internet connections, and require restarting your computer. Complete any tasks or downloads in progress before continuing.

Turn off the router by pressing the power button or disconnecting the power cord.

Turn off the printer, and then unplug any USB or Ethernet cables.

NOTE:

When an Ethernet cable is connected to the printer, the printer cannot connect wirelessly.

Close all running programs on your computer, and then shut down the computer.

Reconnect the power cord to the router, and then wait for the Internet activity light to display a normal connected status.

Turn on the printer.

Turn on the computer.

If the wireless connection continues to drop, continue to the next step.

Step 2: Run the HP Print and Scan Doctor (Windows only)

HP provides a free tool called HP Print and Scan Doctor to diagnose and resolve printing and scanning problems.

Download and run HP Print and Scan Doctor to quickly and automatically perform several troubleshooting tasks known to resolve this issue. When this link is clicked, HP Print and Scan Doctor is downloaded using your Internet browser's download capabilities.

On the Print and Scan Doctor Welcome screen, wait for the tool to locate your printer.

Click Start on the Welcome screen.

If your printer is not listed, make sure the printer is turned on and connected, click My product is not listed, and then click Retry.

Select your printer, and then click Next.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

(Though the header is different, the steps to follow will help resolve your concern & By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping. 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thank you for this reply, @Nirvana_95. At first glance I think I've done everything you've suggested, both in your reply and in the "click here for more steps" link you provided. Unfortunately I'll be traveling for a few days so I won't be able to troubleshoot, but I'll be sure to look it over closely when I return. Thanks again!

HP Recommended

Sure.

No issues. Get back to us once you are free and ready to troubleshoot.

Safe travels! 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

@Nirvana_95

The root of my issue was my printer and laptop (both HP products) were connected to the internet, but were not communicating with one another. This was after years of virtually no issues. On the same day, I had HP software updates and I also changed ISPs, so I figured one or the other was the cause. (Though I changed ISPs, I kept using the two wifi routers and mesh network I'd used for 2+ years, though I did add a third router unit.)

Anyway, after endless troubleshooting including everything you'd suggested in your post from 06/10, nothing was working. Then, tech support from my mesh network suggested setting a reserved IP for the printer. That seems to be working, as the printer and laptop have maintained communication with one another ever since.

HP Recommended

That's great. 

I am happy to know that the issue is resolved. If you need any assistance in the future, you can contact us here.

Have a lovely day ahead. 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Having to continually unplug & replug the printer in has been occuring for atleast 6 months, off and on.  That didn't bother me so much because  I could get it to print albeit inconvenient.  But the latest issue with the error saying the Radio something or other was broken was a whole new issue.  Long story short,  the virtual assistant never works, the scan doctor and troubleshooting never work.  I finally asked the community and all the steps they listed, I had already tried several times.  I don't know how but suddenly the printer went online and has stayed there since without even the plugging issue anymore.  Thank you for trying to help me!  I don't know how it was fixed, but it was not through any of the advice I received as I had already taken all those steps!  I sometimes think my laptop and printer are posessd,,,they are BOTH HP!

HP Recommended

I am happy that it worked. If you need any assistance in the future, you can contact us.

Thanks!

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.