Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
03-13-2021 02:52 PM
My printer is connected via wifi. there is a connection. When items are sent to the printer there is a connection but the printer sends out blank pages. It has been working fine up to now. The printer is an office jet 8600 and the pc is a pavilion 20. I can print from a Samsung Galaxy A10 and from a HP All-In-One 24.
Solved! Go to Solution.
03-16-2021 09:43 AM
I'd like to help!
To better assist you -
- Are you able to make copies using the printer?
- What's the application you are trying to print from? Have you tried printing from a different application or devices?
Meanwhile, Use HP Print and Scan Doctor to check connectivity
Download a special version of HP Print and Scan Doctor specifically created to help with printer offline conditions.
- Download HP Print and Scan Doctor.
- Run HPPSdr.exe from the download location on your computer.
- Once HP Print and Scan Doctor opens, click Start, and then select your printer.
- If your printer in not in the list, turn it off and on, and then click Retry.
- If there is a connection problem, follow the instructions in HP Print and Scan Doctor.
- If a screen prompts you to turn on printer updates, click Yes.
- If a screen prompts you to make your printer the default printer, click Yes.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
And, Welcome to the HP Support Community.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping
03-16-2021 05:42 PM
I had to run the solution twice And recycle both the printer and the PC. When HP Print and Scan asked to print a test page all it would print was a 5/8 inch black header across the page. I tried this several times with the same result. I switched to a .pdf document and that printed fine. Look like the issue is resolved. Thanks for your help.
03-17-2021 06:44 AM
You're welcome 🙂
If you need further assistance feel free to reach out to us.
Have a great day ahead!
Please click “Accepted Solution” on my public post if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!