Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 2722 All-in-One Printer

My printer was fine till a few days ago.Then I could not the print command on the print page.Instead I got a Save command.

Now I cannot hook up th eprinter to my PC.

Even HP Print and scan doctor tried and failed.Is my printer finished?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @dals,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble connecting your HP DeskJet 2722 All-In-One Printer to your PC wirelessly. Let's go through some troubleshooting steps to help you resolve the issue.

• Check Network Connection: Ensure that both your PC and the printer are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
  • Restart Devices: Turn off both your PC and the printer. Then, power them back on. Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve connectivity issues.
  • Printer Status: Check if the printer has any error messages or issues on its display panel. Resolve any printer-related errors before attempting to connect.
  • Reinstall Printer Software: If you have already installed the printer software on your PC, consider uninstalling it and then reinstalling the latest drivers from the official HP website. Sometimes, the software may have become corrupt or outdated.
  • Check Wi-Fi Signal: Ensure that the printer is within the range of your Wi-Fi router and that there are no obstructions that could weaken the signal.
  • Reset Printer Network Settings: On the printer's control panel, navigate to the network settings and perform a network reset to clear any previous network configurations. Refer to the printer's manual or HP's support website for specific instructions.
  • Verify Wireless Direct Printing: Some printers have a feature called "Wireless Direct" or "HP Wireless Direct." Check your printer's manual to see if it has this feature. If so, try connecting your PC to the printer directly via this method.
  • Firewall and Antivirus: Check your PC's firewall and antivirus settings to ensure that they are not blocking the printer's connection. Temporarily disabling these security features (if safe to do so) can help determine if they are causing the issue.
  • Update PC's Operating System: Ensure that your PC's operating system is up to date. Sometimes, outdated software can lead to compatibility issues.

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4
HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Hi Alden,

Thanks for the reply.

When I tried to download the software for the printer  HP  kept me going in circles. I must have had to enter the code for my printer at least 3 times. Even then I was not sure that the new software was installed on my PC.

So I decided to try printing. It works, but I still get a message to save the item rather than the command "PRINT".

I di uninstall my previous s software and I already had HP Smart.

Thanks for your attempt to help me.

Denzil

HP Recommended

Hi @dals,

Thank you for your response, 

Due to limited support, I would request you contact our HP Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link.

https://www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

Have a great day!

Alden4
HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.