Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about cartridges, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended

I’m unable to figure out the printer network password 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @rodger_wells200,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

To reset the password for your HP printer, you can follow these general steps. Note that the exact steps may vary slightly depending on your printer model.

Resetting Network Settings

• Power On the Printer: Make sure your printer is turned on.
  • Access the Control Panel: On the printer's control panel, look for the Setup or Settings menu.
  • Navigate to Network Settings: Select Network or Wireless Settings.
  • Restore Network Defaults: Look for an option to Restore Network Defaults or Reset Network Settings. Confirm the action. This will reset the printer's network settings, including the Wi-Fi password.
  • Reconnect to Wi-Fi: After resetting, you'll need to reconnect the printer to your Wi-Fi network. You can usually do this by selecting your network from the Wi-Fi settings and entering the new password.

Using HP Smart App

If you have the HP Smart app installed on your computer or mobile device:

• Open the HP Smart App: Launch the app and ensure your printer is added.
  • Go to Printer Settings: Select your printer, then navigate to Printer Settings or Network Settings.
  • Reset Network Password: Look for options to reset or change the network settings, and follow the prompts.

Physical Reset

If the above methods don't work, you can perform a factory reset.

• Power On the Printer.
  • Press and Hold the Cancel Button: This is usually represented by an X or a red triangle.
  • While Holding Cancel, Press and Hold the Power Button: Keep both buttons pressed until the printer resets.
  • Reconfigure the Printer: You'll need to set up the printer again, including the Wi-Fi password.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.