Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
Pavilion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an Officejet 6800 series all in one printer.   I have never had any problems with this printer or its features until lately (for the last couple of weeks it is one thing after another)  my current issue is I am trying to scan to my e-mail (which I do almost daily normally) recently it asked me for a pin.  I tried a couple pins I thought I may have used (even though I dont remember ever setting any pins and i usually write them down and had no record of this) eventually I gave up guessing and pressed the option "forget pin?" It then says "check your inbox for existing pin. Or click the button below to create a new one".  I pressed new pin and it says a new pin has been sent to my email but it has not. I have tried this multiple times over the last couple of days and no luck. I have tried the hp virtual assistant which is a joke and it does not understand what I am asking and I can not speak with anyone without a claim number on the phone number I have. I looked up an older thread and see this problem back in 2018 but see no resolution. 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Similar problem which I had reported earlier - HP Smart requiring signin to scan. That is silly. It's extra steps that add no value and might be a privacy concern.

A person from the community support responded but pretty much said that's just the way it is. Doesn't anyone from HP ever look at this stuff?  If there is anyway to contact HP directly it is well hidden.  

HP Recommended

Hello?  Anyone? 

HP Recommended

Will someone please address this problem?  Thanks.

HP Recommended

Still here and still waiting...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.