Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro 400 MFP M425dw
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello everyone,

Today I tried scanning on my Laserjet using HP Smart on my IPhone, but everytime I try it, it says “Scanner is busy”, no matter what I do, I tried to restart the device, tried to restart the router, tried restart the iphone, tried to reinstall the app, tried to restore the factory setting of the device, tried my dad‘s Ipad... Printing funktions though.

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello,

Hope you are well,  would you please confirm if its happening the same if you try to make a copy from the printer itself? 

Normally the recommended steps are to factory reset the printer from the printer menu, reconnect it to network, remove the printer icon from the HP Smart by right clicking or selecting the printer options to forget it, then add the printer back on the app and test scanning. 

Make sure the printer and devices are connected to the same network, most recommended 2.4 GHz frequency wifi.  

In case it fails even to make a copy from the printer that may lead to a scanner problem and it would be recommended to take the printer for a hardware inspection with an authorized service provider. 

Regards, 

Regards,

I am an HP employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.