Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This LaserJet Pro MFP M281cdw is 3 years old, has performed flawlessly during that time. It has recently developed a Service 79 error and is rebooting every 10 seconds when connected to our wireless network. 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Ours too. Have you found anything out?

We tired rolling back the firmware too, but not sure that was successful. We got the smiley face after the update, but not sure it really updated.

HP Recommended

I ran into the same issue and its been unresolved. While in reboot, I tried to update software but it said all updates complete. I tried to restore defaults with no luck. I removed the software from computer too with no luck. I'm going to get another printer since I do not have the patience to deal with it on a $350.00 printer. The printer is a year and a half old! HP hasn't provided any answer so far. Anyone else get it figured out?

HP Recommended

Hello @Kokoman63  , @Dawg777 , @JohnK_TTP 

Below are the steps that you need to follow in the order as mentioned ...

Disconnect the printer from the NETWORK

If on wired network : Unplug the  Ethernet cable from back of the printer.

If on wireless network : Power of the Wireless router. Turn off the printer.

Wait for 30 seconds. Turn on the printer. 

If the printer is in READY state, on the printer front panel, go to Setup -> Network Setup -> Network Services -> IPv6 -> Off. Turn off the printer. Wait for 30 seconds and then turn on. Try printing , it should work.

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
HP Recommended

Thank you, that seems to have worked. Once we followed the steps, printing seemed to work again.

I/we appreciate your assistance.

JohnK

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.