Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 3755
Android 9.0 Pie

I am an older person trying to set up a wireless printer. I have a Wi-Fi modem and an Android phone but I don't think I have a connection problem. I think the error messages I'm getting is because I don't have the paper in correctly but for the life of me I cannot get it in there right no matter how I try. I push my Wi-Fi button on my printer and the WPS button on my modem and the carriage moves inside the printer and three blinking orange lights come on. This is a brand new printer and it hasn't even printed a test page. I have the HP smart app and it seems to not be able to find my printer. Did I mention I don't have a manual of any kind included with this printer. All the information I have googled, read, jotted down is inconsistent and not helpful. You my new friends are the pros, I can see some of you nodding and saying "been there done that". I don't know how to proceed. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@tamberlie1222

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are facing issues setting up your printer wirelessly.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

To printer from your phone, you need to make sure that the printer and phone are connected to the same network.

Please refer to the below article on how to set up the printer using HP Smart App.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/ish_2073929-1413451-16

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.