Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
Imac
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Please advise how to setup HP 9013 printer Scan to network folder

I am working with an iMac (Big Sur) and purchased recently a HP Officejet Pro 9013. 

I have difficulties to set up scan to network folder. The instructions from HP tells me to make a path with IP address and folder name. Each time I get a network error, printer is not able to find the shared folder. I use the username and password credentials for the setup scan to network folder. 

\\192.xxx.x.xxx\Scanned documents. 

The folder is positioned on my SSD under user/documents/Scanned documents

Please assist here, as I can't get it working

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Luberon, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Follow the steps below-

Create a folder and right-click it (CTRL+ Left click) and select Get Info, check the box next to the Share folder.

Under the permissions, section ensure your user account has read and write permissions.

From System Preferences, select Sharing, ensure that File sharing is enabled, and click the Edit / Options button.

Ensure the SMB option is checked and the user is listed and selected, add the user if required.

Now try adding the printer into the EWS page of the printer (The printer homepage, can be accessed by typing the printer URL into Safari) and under Scan select Network folder nd setup the folder using the user and password account.

Set the path as the computer IP and then the shared folder name (e.g. \\10.0.0.0\scan).

Try scanning.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.