Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Pro 6430 All-in-One Printer

Hi

I have recently changed network SSID and j want to now switch the printer. 

Why do hp make everything so difficult? 

Every instruction I found implies that you can ALREADY connect to the printer via some connected means (WiFi), which I CANNOT. How difficult can it be to include a physical factory reset ability?? 

Many thanks 

Z

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Zidecke ,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand your frustration. Changing a printer's Wi-Fi network can be tricky, especially if you can't connect to it anymore. Here are two ways to switch the Wi-Fi network on your HP ENVY Pro 6430:

Method 1: Using the HP Smart App (if you can still connect to the old network)

1. Download and install the HP Smart app on your phone or computer.
  2. Open the app and connect to your existing Wi-Fi network.
  3. Locate the printer settings within the HP Smart app. This might be under "Devices" or "Settings."
  4. Look for an option to "Change Wi-Fi Network" or "Wi-Fi Setup."
  5. Follow the on-screen instructions to connect the printer to your new Wi-Fi network. You'll likely need to enter the new SSID and password.

Method 2: Using the WPS Button (if your router supports WPS)

1. Make sure your Wi-Fi router has a physical WPS button.
  2. Press and hold the WPS button on your router for a few seconds (consult your router's manual for specific instructions).
  3. On your printer control panel, locate the WPS button (it might be a physical button or a menu option).
  4. Press and hold the WPS button on your printer within a short timeframe (usually 2 minutes) of pressing the button on your router.
  5. The printer should automatically connect to your new Wi-Fi network.

If neither method works:

There might be a way to reset the Wi-Fi settings on your printer to factory defaults. Unfortunately, the HP Envy Pro 6430 doesn't have a physical reset button. However, you can try this:

1. Turn on the printer.
  2. Locate the Wi-Fi Direct button on the control panel. It might be labeled with a symbol of two arrows forming a circle.
  3. Press and hold the Wi-Fi Direct button along with the "Cancel" button (usually an "X" symbol) for a few seconds.
  4. Release the buttons when the Wi-Fi light starts blinking.

This might reset the Wi-Fi settings, allowing you to connect to the printer again and set up a new Wi-Fi network connection.

Refer to this document: HP ENVY Pro 6430 All-in-One Printer User manual

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.