Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need to install your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 9025e All-in-One Printer

Printer is not recognizing any USB I insert for purposes of making PDF copies of documents

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Mendin,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds frustrating that your HP OfficeJet Pro 9025e isn't recognizing USB devices for making PDF copies. Here are some steps to troubleshoot this.

Check USB Connections:

• Ensure the USB cable is securely connected to both the printer and your computer.
  • Try using a different USB cable to rule out any issues with the current one.

Printer Settings:

• On the printer's control panel, navigate to the settings related to USB connectivity.
  • Ensure USB printing is enabled. You might need to check the printer's manual for specific instructions on enabling this feature.

Driver and Software:

• Make sure your printer driver and software are up to date. Visit the HP support website to download and install the latest drivers for your printer model.

Computer Recognition:

• Check if your computer recognizes the printer when connected via USB. Look for the printer in your device manager or system preferences.

Try Different USB Ports:

• Plug the USB cable into different USB ports on your computer to see if the issue persists.

Restart Devices:

• Sometimes, simply restarting both your printer and computer can resolve connectivity issues.

Check for Updates:

• Ensure your printer firmware is updated. Sometimes, firmware updates include fixes for connectivity issues.

If these steps don't resolve the issue, there might be a hardware problem with the printer's USB port.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.