Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
deskjet plus 4120
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Finally got this deskjet plus 4120 connected to wifi etc and i can print but I cant get connected to web services. Due to this (I think) I cant seem to get the printer loaded into Instant ink..

Its a bit of a nightmare.. has anybody sucessfully solved this problem? thanks

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@crazygirlmb, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I'd suggest you follow the steps from the document HP Printers - Cannot Connect to Web Services to isolate and resolve the issue.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks so much for your assistance with this. I am really time poor at the moment (Ive sent you a private message) and so finding time to sort this out is difficult.

I have followed those steps before.. but I must admit Ive become disillusioned when it didnt solve anything. Ive ended up just going around in circles.. I will try again with your help.

I have pronted the network infor from the printer. it shows that it is connected fine by wireless connection.

I have gone into the EWS. I go into the Web Services box and it tries to initialise. I press refresh and it says Network Problem .. Click Troubleshoot to diagnose the problem. I click troubleshoot.

It tells me that the printer could not connect to Web Services, Web Services might be busy or temporarily unavailable, please try again later.

It has said this the 300,000 times I feel as though Ive tried it.

HP Recommended

After going into Web Services I went into Proxy settings in the EWS and it was completely blank. So no information available or setting to see at all.

Then despite the lack of any info I followed the instructions and searched for internet options and then altered the pop up to the same display as the one on the troubleshooter.. by ticking proxy settings.. 

This actually resulted in my laptop stopping connecting to the internet at all. So I had to go back in and change this back.

However, when I next went into Web Services on the EWS I got a different screen in Proxy settings. This time there are two options for me .. Manual, or No Proxy, to sellect..

Theres no advice on which of these I should select..

I really think I need to stop here for a couple of days as I have a job interview on Tuesday and I really CANNOT risk doing something unexpected to my laptop so that I cant make video calls.. that would be really ridiculous!

If I could send you a private message with my printer URL for the EWS maybe you could have a look?

Thanks

HP Recommended

I now think the problem is no HP Envy laptop being set to automatically detect proxy settings.. 

This means that I've got no proxy settings to enter into the printer settings?

I followed these steps suggested elsewhere:

1. User

Replied on October 5, 2018

Hi,

Assign a static IP address and a manual DNS address to fix this problem. Please follow the below steps and check:

1.      Obtain the IP address of the printer – You can touch the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel to obtain the IP address.
  2.      Type the IP address on your web browser to obtain the printer EWS page on your computer.
  3.      Go to the “Network” tab – Click on “Wireless (802.11) – Then click on “Network address (IPv4)
  4.      Click on the radio button which says “Manual IP” and then click “Suggest a manual IP address” to give a manual IP address to your printer.

So I don't know if thats done anything really.. it hasn't helped with the lack of proxy settings.

Was I stupid for thinking that a new HP printer should be able to communicate with a new HP laptop?

How can I find a proxy to enter into the printer settings? Why can't it just automatically detect them if my laptop can do that? Why can't it just piggy-back off my laptop?

I won't be able to check back for a few days. I need my laptop for work the next few days so darent make any changes to it.

Thanks for your anticipated help.

HP Recommended

@crazygirlmb

On your PC, follow the steps below-

Go to Windows Settings > Network and Internet > Proxy 

Now follow step 5 from the document HP Printers - Cannot Connect to Web Services, if that does not help, please reach out to the HP Support in your region for further course of action.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.