Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a 8028 HP OfficeJet Printer. I just change internet providers and received a new modem.  So am trying to hook up the printer back up to the wireless connection.  When I try to enter the new modem info into the printer is telling me that it has an administrator  lock on it when I click on the pull downs.  I don't recall ever setting one up because I'm the only one to use it.   My question is  how do I go about unlocking the administrator lock ? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@md1954

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

I'd love to help.

We'll have to perform a reset on the Printer for this. I have sent you a private message, for more details that cannot be shared in a public post.

Please do check your inbox on the communities page for the private message.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@md1954

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

I'd love to help.

We'll have to perform a reset on the Printer for this. I have sent you a private message, for more details that cannot be shared in a public post.

Please do check your inbox on the communities page for the private message.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Only problem is I have a Mac

HP Recommended

Same basic problem.  Added a new router and now can't update my wireless settings because I'm getting the system administrator locked message.  How do I unlock?  HP Office Jet Pro 8600 Plus

HP Recommended

Can someone please provide me with this information on how to unlock the computer that I set up? We have moved and the screen on the 6970 printer says that the person who set up this printer has locked....WIFI and all other connections with our household computers. I don't believe that I ever did that but am anxious to get our home printer operational. Please provide info on how to connect with new internet, etc.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.