Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 9025 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HPOFFICEJET PRO 9020 series.  Printer Wireless is disabled.  I have completed Restore Network Settings task.  However, the Wireless Icon is not flashing nor is it available from the Touchscreen / Settings 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi DShepherd68, could you access your EWS page and let me know if WIFI setting is checked? If not please select it and see if it works. Thanks!

Best regards,

Kevin

HP Recommended

I accessed the EWS page from HPSmart however I am unable to locate where to re-enable the Wireless.  Please advise specific steps to reset the wireless function or reset to factory so I can try to reinstall the printer. 

On the HPOfficeJet Pro 9025 touch screen, I do not see the Wireless icon - it is no longer available in the menu.  The wireless icon is off and the network config print out states the wireless function is disabled.  The only connectivity that is working at the moment is the WiFi Direct option which was how I was able to access the EWS page.

HP Recommended

Hi, am sorry to hear that you are facing some issues.

Here is some way to try and activate your WIFI Settings again before you restore your printer.
Step1: go into your HP Smart and click Advanced Settings
Step2: Click Settings>Security>Administrator Settings (here you will need to key in the printer pin number)>Connectivity please check whether All Wireless is on. 

Step1: go into your HP Smart and click Advanced Settings
Step2: go into EWS and find Settings>Restore Defaults>Restore Factory Defaults 
Step3: After Printer reboots, please use ethernet cable to get the Internet and connect to HP Smart
Step4: Login to EWS to click Settings>Security>Administrator Settings (here you will need to key in the printer pin number)>Connectivity please check whether All Wireless is on. 

Can you get back to me if the first part already help fixed the issue and need not do the Restore Factory Defaults? Trying to pin point where the issue is. Thanks!

Best regards,

Kevin Tan

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.