Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 5255
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just in the past few days got a new Wavlink Mesh AC3000 router and extender.  I used to have a setup with my HP PC that worked fine with a Netgear AC2400 router.  But as of setting up my new router and extender, I can only print properly on my OfficeJet 5255 with my printer connected via cable.  If I try installing the printer even from scratch and hook it up wirelessly, the printer keeps printing a small bit of the top of the page and over and over again when I try printing a one-page item, and the job needs to be cancelled for it to stop.  Does anyone have any idea what's up, or how to fix it?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

For anyone who had this issue, I guess it can be the same for people who install new routers for Microsoft products.  It seemed the printer worked for certain documents, such as the test page, but not for items printed from the browser or from MS Word.  What was needed was to totally wipe the computer of the printer -- by totally uninstalling the printer and software -- and *then* installing the driver and software; not just reinstalling the software and driver as an attempt to install the driver again.  This fixed the issue for anyone who has the same one.

HP Recommended

I tried the wiping and it didn't do the job.  I even reinstalled Windows and still no luck with wireless printing working consistently. iPhone works fine with AirPrint, but Windows laptop (Which is HP) does not work consistently with wireless.  I finally gave up and just use USB cable.

HP Recommended

For myself, what I had to do was:

1) reset the printer to wireless factory specs

2) remove the three items from printers on the PC that corresponded to the HP Printer

3) uninstall the OfficeJet software from the apps

4) reboot the computer

5) install the printer software and drivers using the USB cable

6) use the printer software and drivers package again to convert the printer from USB to wireless

Now it works. 🙂

HP Recommended

Okay.. maybe not.  It printed fine at first, but now it's not working again.

It used to work just fine with my Netgear AC2400 Wireless Router.  Once in awhile I would have to unplug the printer and plug it back in to reestablish the connection to the WIFI, but then it would work again just fine.  But with this new Wavlink AC3000 Mesh system, my printer doesn't seem to like connecting well enough to print properly.  I don't know what's up.  I may just have to settle for cabling the printer for now, which works, but defeats the purpose of a wireless printer. 😞

HP Recommended

Maybe someday I will figure out why Windows has such a problem with wireless printers. It is the intermittent nature that drives me crazy with it. Have had the same problem with  2 different Hp printers and 2 different laptops (one up and one dell). When my friend brings his Mac over, it connects and prints wireless with no problem.  If I don’t want to bother with pulling out a cable, with some document I will print from my iPhone using AirPrint which works perfectly 100% of the time other than formatting issues based on the source. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.