Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
LaserJet Pro M15w
macOS 10.15 Catalina

LaserJet Pro M15w worked flawlessly on wireless network yesterday.  Today, printer would not work.  Upon attempting to reinstall through HP Smart, the printer was not installed.  Then, when I attempted to install by adding at the Printers & Scanners in system Preferences error message appeared:  "fax.backend" will damage your computer.  Installation would not complete.  Had to settle for USB connection, but because printer didn't install wirelessly, AirPrint function is not available for iPhone & iPad.  I am wondering whether this is related to HP's unannounced revocation of certain security-related certificates, which has impacted other HP printers such as the LaserJet P2015d. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Publics

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are unable to connect the printer wirelessly.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you follow the below steps and check whether the issue is resolved.

Step 1: Make sure the Mac has the latest OS version.

Click on Apple Icon>> Click on About this Mac> Click Software Update to get the latest available update.

Step 2: Uninstall HP Easy Start

• Click on Spotlight icon and type HP Uninstaller or by opening HP Easy Start.
  • Click on Continue to uninstall the software.
  • When prompted for Password, type in your system password
  • You can also uninstall by opening HP Easy Start.

Step 3: Download HP Easy Start and Install the printer.

• Go to Software and Driver download page on hp.com.
  • Type in your printer model no.
  • Download HP Easy Start and follow the on-screen to complete the installation.

Note: For System Admin, if they require the package they can download it through HP Easy Admin(https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06164609)

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.