Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M182nw

My wireless printer was working fine.  Today I can't connect from my Windows computer to the printer.  Another user on the same wifi network using a MacBook can print.  I can't figure out what changed and how to fix it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @bschimpf,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

When troubleshooting connectivity issues with your HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M182nw printer from your Windows computer, here are some steps you can take to resolve the problem.

• Check Printer Connection: Ensure that your printer is turned on and connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Windows computer. You can check the printer's Wi-Fi connection status from the printer's control panel.
  • Restart Printer and Computer: Sometimes, simply restarting both the printer and your computer can resolve connectivity issues. Turn off the printer, wait for a few seconds, and then turn it back on. Similarly, restart your Windows computer.
  • Update Printer Drivers: Outdated or corrupted printer drivers can cause connectivity problems. Make sure you have the latest drivers installed for your printer. You can download and install the latest drivers from the HP website.
  • Check Windows Firewall and Antivirus Settings: Sometimes, firewall or antivirus settings on your computer can block communication with the printer. Temporarily disable any firewall or antivirus software on your computer and check if you can connect to the printer.
  • Forget and Reconnect to Wi-Fi Network: On your Windows computer, forget the Wi-Fi network to which your printer is connected and then reconnect to it. This can sometimes resolve connectivity issues related to network settings.
  • Reset Printer Network Settings: If none of the above steps work, you can try resetting the network settings on your printer. Refer to the printer's user manual for instructions on how to reset network settings. After resetting, set up the Wi-Fi connection again.
  • Check for IP Address Conflicts: Ensure that there are no IP address conflicts on your network. Make sure that the IP address assigned to the printer is not being used by another device on the network.
  • Update Printer Firmware: Check if there are any firmware updates available for your printer. Updating the printer's firmware can sometimes resolve connectivity issues and improve performance.

By following these steps, you should be able to troubleshoot and resolve the connectivity issues with your HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M182nw printer on your Windows computer.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @bschimpf,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

When troubleshooting connectivity issues with your HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M182nw printer from your Windows computer, here are some steps you can take to resolve the problem.

• Check Printer Connection: Ensure that your printer is turned on and connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Windows computer. You can check the printer's Wi-Fi connection status from the printer's control panel.
  • Restart Printer and Computer: Sometimes, simply restarting both the printer and your computer can resolve connectivity issues. Turn off the printer, wait for a few seconds, and then turn it back on. Similarly, restart your Windows computer.
  • Update Printer Drivers: Outdated or corrupted printer drivers can cause connectivity problems. Make sure you have the latest drivers installed for your printer. You can download and install the latest drivers from the HP website.
  • Check Windows Firewall and Antivirus Settings: Sometimes, firewall or antivirus settings on your computer can block communication with the printer. Temporarily disable any firewall or antivirus software on your computer and check if you can connect to the printer.
  • Forget and Reconnect to Wi-Fi Network: On your Windows computer, forget the Wi-Fi network to which your printer is connected and then reconnect to it. This can sometimes resolve connectivity issues related to network settings.
  • Reset Printer Network Settings: If none of the above steps work, you can try resetting the network settings on your printer. Refer to the printer's user manual for instructions on how to reset network settings. After resetting, set up the Wi-Fi connection again.
  • Check for IP Address Conflicts: Ensure that there are no IP address conflicts on your network. Make sure that the IP address assigned to the printer is not being used by another device on the network.
  • Update Printer Firmware: Check if there are any firmware updates available for your printer. Updating the printer's firmware can sometimes resolve connectivity issues and improve performance.

By following these steps, you should be able to troubleshoot and resolve the connectivity issues with your HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M182nw printer on your Windows computer.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Hi, Alden,

Thank you for your response.  With the help of HP Support I was able to track down the problem, which turned out to be a Windows problem with my printer definition.  I can only assume the printer definition was hosed by a Microsoft update.  But in any event I'm back up and running and grateful for the support and assistance I got from multiple sources.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.