Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
hp officejet 5255
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hp officejet 5255 error code oxb8047b30. Followed directions to turn off IPv6, the error continues. 

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi@msCarah, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand that unable to print,

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

An oxb8047b30error code displays on the printer control panel, and the printer does not respond.

To resolve the issue, reset the printer, and then turn off IPv6 through the Setup menu on the control panel.

Step 1: Reset the printer

To temporarily clear the error, reset the printer.

1. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer.

2. Unplug the power cord from the power source.

3. Wait 60 seconds.

4. Reconnect the power cord to a wall outlet and to the printer.

NOTE:

HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.

Step 2: Turn off IPv6

Use the control panel to turn off the IPv6 setting.

1. From the home screen on the printer control panel, swipe the display to the left, and then touch Setup .

2. Touch Network Setup, and then touch Advanced Settings.

3. Turn off IPv6, and then touch Yes to confirm.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Thank you for trying to help, I did see this solution elsewhere and tried it. I reset the printer. Then I turned off IPv6, the error codes just keep coming. They all start with OX. 
The printer is out of warranty, but there should be a solution for this issue without having to pay. 

HP Recommended

Hi@msCarah,

We appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve this issue by performing the necessary troubleshooting steps.

If the printer is out of warranty, I suggest you upgrade the printer. You may visit Hp Store to check the available printers.

HP Recommended

So printer's are only good for a year? This should have a fix!

HP Recommended

Thank you for waiting! I understand your concern and to help you out, I have escalated your concern to HP's Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options (if any). 

You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding Holidays & Weekends). 

Response times may vary by region. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (such as serial numbers and case details).

And Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" on my public post, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good

HP Recommended

Thanks for your help! 

HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem and yes, it BETTER help.  If not, I'm recommending to my IT department of my multi-billion dollar company to NEVER buy HP again.  My home Brother printer is about 5 years old and still rocks.

HP Recommended

We ended up getting rid of ours! Nothing fixed the issue. It was very frustrating that there was nothing HP could do without paying them for service. It was less expensive to replace the printer with a company that has even better customer service. Although every person I spoke with was amazing and tried to help, their hands were tied as to how much they could do. 
I look forward to hearing if your issue was fixable!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.