Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 9135e All-in-One Printer

I have a new printer (HP 9135) -- I am replacing another Hp printer which was not able to stay connected to the wifi network.  I believe the network (netgear19-50_5gEXT) is working ok because I have two iphones and two iPads on the network  with no problems even outside the house.   I have been on the phone with  HP support three time and reinstalled the printer with there help and it works  for a few hours and the when in send a  document to the printer it tells me the printer is not responding.   That is the same problem I had with the previous Hp printer when I replaced my imac with the mac mini.  .  

One interesting thing is that I cannot shut down the printer.  The only way is to pull the plug.

My Computer is an M2- Mac Mini running 14.3.1..    Is there something different with the setup that I am missing? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @DanMcCarter,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you've been experiencing connectivity issues with your HP OfficeJet Pro 9135e printer despite having a stable Wi-Fi network. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the issue.

• Check Network Settings on the Printer: Ensure that the printer is connected to the correct Wi-Fi network. You can usually access network settings through the printer's control panel or its web interface.
  • Restart Your Router: Sometimes, routers can have temporary glitches that affect connectivity. Try restarting your router to see if it resolves the issue.
  • Update Printer Firmware: Make sure your printer has the latest firmware installed. You can usually check for firmware updates through the printer's settings menu or by visiting the HP website.
  • Static IP Address: Assign a static IP address to your printer instead of relying on DHCP. This can sometimes improve stability, especially if the printer is having trouble renewing its IP address.
  • Firewall/Antivirus Settings: Check your firewall and antivirus settings to ensure they're not blocking communication with the printer.
  • Reset Printer: If all else fails, you may need to reset the printer to its factory defaults. This can often resolve persistent connectivity issues. Refer to the printer's manual for instructions on how to perform a reset.
  • Check Mac Mini Settings: Ensure that your Mac Mini's firewall settings or any security software are not blocking communication with the printer.
  • HP Print and Scan Doctor: HP provides a tool called HP Print and Scan Doctor, which can diagnose and resolve printing and scanning problems. You can download it from the HP website and run it to see if it identifies any issues with your printer.

Regarding the issue with shutting down the printer, it's unusual that you're unable to power it off normally. This could potentially be related to a firmware or hardware issue.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @DanMcCarter,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you've been experiencing connectivity issues with your HP OfficeJet Pro 9135e printer despite having a stable Wi-Fi network. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the issue.

• Check Network Settings on the Printer: Ensure that the printer is connected to the correct Wi-Fi network. You can usually access network settings through the printer's control panel or its web interface.
  • Restart Your Router: Sometimes, routers can have temporary glitches that affect connectivity. Try restarting your router to see if it resolves the issue.
  • Update Printer Firmware: Make sure your printer has the latest firmware installed. You can usually check for firmware updates through the printer's settings menu or by visiting the HP website.
  • Static IP Address: Assign a static IP address to your printer instead of relying on DHCP. This can sometimes improve stability, especially if the printer is having trouble renewing its IP address.
  • Firewall/Antivirus Settings: Check your firewall and antivirus settings to ensure they're not blocking communication with the printer.
  • Reset Printer: If all else fails, you may need to reset the printer to its factory defaults. This can often resolve persistent connectivity issues. Refer to the printer's manual for instructions on how to perform a reset.
  • Check Mac Mini Settings: Ensure that your Mac Mini's firewall settings or any security software are not blocking communication with the printer.
  • HP Print and Scan Doctor: HP provides a tool called HP Print and Scan Doctor, which can diagnose and resolve printing and scanning problems. You can download it from the HP website and run it to see if it identifies any issues with your printer.

Regarding the issue with shutting down the printer, it's unusual that you're unable to power it off normally. This could potentially be related to a firmware or hardware issue.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Today I will try a dhpc setting   I would lobe to have a hp print and scan  doctor but apparent it. is is only for a PC

Thanks for your help

Dan 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.