Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
Hp officejet pro 8725
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Officejet pro 8725 white screen and all blinking lights, will reset with power button, ran the latest diagnostics and repair app. On Wired network and Wireless is off, wireless is in not connected status. Happens over and over throughout the day or night,

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi.  I have the same thing happening.  I see no replies to this post but am wondering if perhaps you figured it out yourself.

I hate to toss this printer in the recycle heap -- it is a nice model and I'd like to keep using it.  But not once per power cycle...

Howard

Redmond, WA

HP Recommended

I've been seeing the same thing.  This has been happening for a few weeks now and although I can reset the printer and it seems to reboot and come online, it goes right back to this unusable state after about 10 min.  this has been happening constantly.  Printer works fine once I reboot but it quickly goes into this blinking white mode shortly thereafter.   I've tried all of the things listed in the forums as far as unplugging for a set period of time and turning back on.   I've also checked to make sure the printer is on the latest firmware

HP Recommended

I did a partial reset under the support menu and that fixed my problem,  When the printer is on the main Screen there is a hidden button below the question mark where the return arrow symbol would be if you were not on the main screen/menu.

You can hit that button(black blank, cant see it but it is below the question mark) and it will open the support menu, choose reset menu and do a partial or full reset.    This fixed my problem. nothing else worked for me.

HP Recommended

I actually went in and finally set the printer to Restore to Factory Defaults.  not sure why I hadnt thought of doing this prior but it appears the printer appears to be fine for now.   I just did the reset yesterday and it's been over 24 hours and things are still OK so hoping this did the trick.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.